Downgraded from macOS Mojave to High Sierra again after seeing battery go down 17% overnight in sleep mode

Thought I'd give Mojave another go seeing a couple more betas had passed but no, the battery life is still as horrific as it was last time I installed it on my Macbook Air. It was fully charged before midnight and I let it sleep to 8am to find 17% battery drain. This is horrific. Then I used it the next day like I normally do for a 3 hour meeting to take notes and it dropped down to 51% by 11am. I normally get a good 8 hours plus out of it on High Sierra.

This is just not what I expect from Apple. I'm really not bothered to go find all sorts of terminal tweaks to try to make it work better and I'm not the only one who has complained about Mojave and battery life. Clearly, if I don't have this problem with High Sierra then it's not MY hardware.

Maybe this is why Mojave is still in beta while Apple already has its successor OS also in beta...

#mojave #bettery #macos

Image/photo



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/node/3386

Comments