WhatsApp does not seem to understand that our Metadata is part of our Privacy, not just the message Content

It really seems that WhatsApp does not understand what privacy means at all. My data about my location, my IP address, my presence, who I contact and when, etc is all part of my personal data. It is not just the content of my actual message.

The fact that it is collected is one thing, but that they want to share that with other Facebook companies and affiliates is unacceptable. They either don't understand that at all, or they are trying to deflect us away from it. It's a good thing Apple started warning its users about this practice. The metadata is what has been making Facebook worth a fortune with advertisers and selling that metadata to "analytics" companies. My recent YouTube and LBRY video shows how much metadata we leak just by visiting websites.

Much of this metadata continues to be collected if you have the app running on your devices. My WhatsApp account was deleted a week ago... and I'm alive still. Sorry to say too Facebook has broken so many promises around privacy over the last decade that it just cannot be trusted any more.

#DeleteWhatsApp #metadata #privacy

Image/photo



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/whatsapp-does-not-seem-understand-our-metadata-part-our-privacy-not-just-message-content

Comments