What is the point of paying R30,000 (US%2,100) for a smartphone?

What is the point of paying R30,000 (US%2,100) for a smartphone?

A very good question... My Pixel 2 XL cost me just under R20,000 to import with duties and shipping and although it's a wonderful phone I'm not sure I'll do this again. For that price, I could have bought a pretty good average smartphone along with a high-end laptop or even a Macbook Air. Then consider what a good laptop does and that it lasts 5+ years whilst a phone is high risk and is used usually for 2 to 3 years only. I also don't think a 128GB was jusstified fro me as I only use around 20GB to 30GB space.

Someone just remarked to me this week that they remember really high-end phones costing around R8,000 only two to three years back.

Before jumping in and buying a high-end premium phone it is also just worth thinking about what you use the phone for. Even for photographs my Pixel 2 XL right now is more than good enough. If I want to take really high-quality photos then a really good DSLR camera is going to cost way less....

See https://mybroadband.co.za/news/smartphones/277095-what-is-the-point-of-paying-r30000-for-a-smartphone.html

What is the point of paying R30,000 for a smartphone?
Paying R30,000 for a smartphone is a lot of money – make sure you are doing it for the right reasons.


from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2xQaMjg
via IFTTT

Comments