The Moto Tag is an AirTag for Android: It Ticks my Boxes

A hand holding a grey and black coloured disc shaped tracker device. The tracker disc is held by a tan coloured leather looking holder, that is attached to a circular silver keyring holder.

This appears to be the first Find My Device network tag that supports UWB so that finally ticks one of my missing (so far) boxes for fine-grained locating of the tag.

It will be able to re-use my existing AirTag holders which is good, but on the flip side I’d rather prefer built-in keyholes, actually. I am migrating away from AirTags so already have all the holders etc for them.

They do not appear to have a wallet/card option, but right now I do have an AirTag working inside my wallet. I just cannot go any thicker than the AirTag size right now.

As usual, I suppose proper user review testing will reveal more, but that will probably only be after 2nd August.

See https://www.theverge.com/2024/6/25/24185612/motorola-moto-tag-android-find-my-device

Comments