Fitbit update brings ECG, blood glucose tracking, and Health Metrics for non-paying users

Fitbit is rolling out a massive update to its range of fitness trackers and smartwatches. The latest update adds a new SpO2 watch face and skin temperature tracking to Charge 4, improvements to Health Metrics data presentation, and opens up some of the paid features to more users.

I have been noticing the 7 day history for RHR, BR and HRV (not temp yet tho) on my Fitbit Charge 4. Now I see the Sense watch is also getting ECG activated in a few countries.
Looks like we can expect all the above (along with blood oxygen) now on most fitness devices, but the big difference is how much data you get to see and whether you must pay monthly to see it. Watches like Apples costs a lot more, but then there is no monthly payment or limit of 7 days (or even 30 days) history. I have just been using my three devices to manage my way through an illness without over exerting, and it was interesting to note my GP immediately noticed my Apple Watch and asked to see my health data history to assist in diagnosis.

A key thing to watch is your average daily resting heart rate as it is an early indicator of something going wrong, a good day to two days before you feel it yourself.

See Massive Fitbit update improves Charge 4 and opens up paywall features

#technology #health #biohacks

Image/photo

Fitbit is roling out a massive udpate to Charge 4, Versa 2, Inspire 2, and Sense that brings lots of new features and improvements.



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/fitbit-update-brings-ecg-blood-glucose-tracking-and-health-metrics-non-paying-users

Comments