My new XP-Pen Deco mini7 Graphics Tablet running fine on Linux with multiple monitors and no driver installation required

I chose this XP-Pen graphics tablet mainly due to meeting specs requirement (battery-free stylus, 8192 levels of pressure, 5080LPI resolution, > 220 report rate, 10mm reading height for stylus, and Linux compatibility). Yes Wacom and others are similar specs but this price point was a bit better.

So out of the box it just worked on Manjaro Linux KDE and immediately also in Krita, and the only 'problem' was by default its horizontal travel was across all 3 of my monitors which means you use one third of the tablet. I found a quick fix for this by:
1. Running xinput to see what the USB IDs were for my tablet.
2. Running xandr to get the names on my displays.
3. Then creating a small bash file to just execute (in my case):
xinput map-to-output 20 DP-3
xinput map-to-output 23 DP-3
automatically when the app starts so that the stylus is restricted to the third monitor.

Apart from the important stuff works like the quick buttons for toggling erase, for undo, and for zoom in/out.

The beta Linux driver seems intended for Ubuntu Linux and for some reason the AUR version does not work. This driver would allow customising the quick keys but I can achieve that anyway via key mapping on Linux.  So all I need to do now is learn how to draw... at least I won't be using any paper nor do I need to buy and store 200+ different pencils and brushes.

#technology #XP-Pen #graphics #krita #Linux

Image/photo



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/my-new-xp-pen-deco-mini7-graphics-tablet-running-fine-linux-multiple-monitors-and-no-driver

Comments