How Virtual Worlds Can Benefit Senior Citizens and being Einstein in VR seems to improve a user's IQ

"Over the past decade, I've chatted with dozens of SL content creators who are between the ages of 65-85. Previously, I thought that I was in a tiny group of senior citizens using SL, but I was wrong. In my 70's having SL as a hobby and creating content a little bit every day has been a powerful method to keep my retired from business brain sharper than most other activities. And this is what all of the senior citizen's content creators I've chatted with agreed upon. Having to creatively think our way through SL product content creation is a terrific way to keep old brains thinking creatively and staying sharp."

With so much movement being restricted now reading is an excellent alternative and many do not know about (or consider) virtual worlds or challenging online games. It's a real pity that many folks just resort to binge-watching sitcoms (which is fine, but not as a primary activity).

See How Virtual Worlds Can Benefit Senior Citizens (Comment of the Week)

#technology #virtualworlds #seniors #VR

Image/photo

My "How avatars change who we are" article for Samsung EDGE's Components mentioned a study suggesting that being Einstein in VR seems to improve a user's IQ, and longtime reader Luther Weymnn notes that this phenomenon also seems to happen...



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/how-virtual-worlds-can-benefit-senior-citizens-and-being-einstein-vr-seems-improve-users-iq

Comments