I Always Wondered Why Businesses Use Windows Server - A SysAdmin Answers This Question

I was a Novell sysdmin back in the day so have not really done any serious sysadmin work on either Windows or Linux servers, but I did go on a Linus Essentials course and then started using Linux at home for everything.

I've seen quite a few instances of installations where it made no sense to me why Windows server was being used (one example a server farm running an ECM system which required hours of downtime to apply security patches every month). This video then intrigued me and it does basically answer what I suspected was the answer... Hence why I seriously worry when I see IT people not getting enough broad exposure to different systems and solutions. I always want to have a broader perspective than a single vendor who advises me (because surely they want to just sell their own solution?).

Watch at Why Businesses Use Windows Server

#technology #serveradmin

Image/photo

In this video, I go over why businesses use Windows Server in there environment. Active Directory GPOs Print Servers AD alternatives - Azure - Linux AD - Non...



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/i-always-wondered-why-businesses-use-windows-server-sysadmin-answers-question

Comments