My priorities for buying a new Android phone: Minimal delay for updates, LineageOS support, and decent camera (in that order)

Most important for me is the time delay to releasing new Android updates and patches. Gone are the days for me of waiting 6+ months or never to get patches and updates like some OEMs do.

Next most important is LineageOS support for that phone because most OEMs stop patching and sending out updates after 2 years and then LineageOS still gives you the latest updates (and extra bells and whistles) for a few years (breathes new life into a 2 year old phone).

It also needs to have a "good"camera which need not be the "best" camera but good HDR, low light, and colours are important. Most cameras are getting now to be good enough.

Although I have a Pixel 2 XL which I'm still very happy with I'll probably be looking for a new phone by end of 2020 or beginning 2021 and although I'll still consider Pixel I'll also be looking at all the alternatives for purchase (not on my cellphone provider's contracts). I'm 60/40 for a different brand now as that Google Nexus 6P battery issue still sits very sour in my mouth.

Image/photo

#technology #Android



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/my-priorities-buying-new-android-phone-minimal-delay-updates-lineageos-support-and-decent-camera

Comments