DuckDuckGo (Privacy focussed search engine) is good enough for regular use

DuckDuckGo’s premise is simple. They do not collect or share personal information. They log searches, but they promise that these logs are not linked to personally identifiable information. Their search engine results seemingly come from Bing, but they claim to have their own crawler and hundreds of other sources on top of that. They do customize the results a little: geo-searches like bars near your location give you results from your own area. But search results aren’t personalized.

I'm going to test it out a bit myself for the coming month.

See DuckDuckGo is good enough for regular use | www.bitlog.com

#technology #privacy

I haven't tried a new search engine since I tried Bing in 2009. It was time to find out how good DuckDuckGo is in 2020. What was the biggest difference that I found?



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/duckduckgo-privacy-focussed-search-engine-good-enough-regular-use

Comments