Who or what got you hooked onto traditional wet shaving, and if not, what would your reasons be?

It took me 30 years of suffering with constant ingrown hairs before I discovered wet shaving with a safety razor. I think it was a GeoFatBoy video on YouTube that got me to notice wet shaving and luckily I got going with an Edwin Jagger razor and reasonable blades (real cheapies can give a bad first impression). I was astounded to see the ingrown hairs disappear after about a week never to return.

My father had been shaving with a Gillette cartridge razor and only after he died did I discover he had a Gillette Fat Boy safety razor (which I cleaned up and was still able to use) but he never educated me about safety razors. As I dug deeper I discovered all the cost benefits as well, and then also environmental benefits (most materials including blades can be easily recycled and use fewer to no chemicals).

I was mainly seeing benefits and just could not understand why more people did not know about traditional wet shaving. I came to realise it was mainly because of marketing PR - we are only bombarded with ads telling us we need more expensive multi-blade cartridges, vibrating blades, heated blades, etc. I also came to realise there was a steadily growing community of traditional wet shavers around the world.

And that was why I've been doing what I can to promote awareness. I don't like to think of other teenagers and young adults suffering like I did without even knowing there were other options to try.

So if you are not doing traditional wet shaving I'd also be interested to hear what the key reason actually is?

#shaving #traditionalwetshaving #ingrownhair

Image/photo



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/who-or-what-got-you-hooked-traditional-wet-shaving-and-if-not-what-would-your-reasons-be

Comments