Frustrates me that an Admin in Whatsapp cannot delete a spam post in a group whilst this can be done in Telegram, and Telegram users can report group posts

Incredible that so many people use Whatsapp yet it lacks critical features for managing groups properly. I had an incident recently where someone posted an off-topic post in a group regarding crypto-currency. As an admin of the group I could not delete that post for everyone. By the next day the poster told me he could not even delete it himself as time to delete had expired. This is pretty pathetic on Whatsapp's part.

With Telegram, I can silently remote delete any of my own messages (even old ones) and as a group admin I can also delete a post for everyone. In fact group users on Telegram can also report individual posts in a group whilst Whatsapp users can only report the group itself as a whole.

I try to use Telegram as much as I can but it really frustrates me that many people only use Whatsapp and then the rest of us are forced to use that crippled platform still. There is no reason why everyone can't have Whatsapp, Telegram, Wire, Signal, Jami installed on their phones as with push notifications today it is not going to have much impact but at least it offers your friends/colleagues some choices. Which is why I have as many messengers installed as I can.

Telegram has long had excellent theming while Whatsapp is struggling for months even to get a dark mode rolled out. Whatsapp on desktop will only work if your phone is on and connected. Boggles my mind why so many people choose to use Whatsapp over other better messengers?

#telegram #whatsapp #messengers

Image/photo



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/frustrates-me-admin-whatsapp-cannot-delete-spam-post-group-whilst-can-be-done-telegram-and-telegram

Comments