Switched to open-source LanguageTool as Grammarly has been undoing my grammar and spelling corrections

I've been using the free version of Grammarly for many years (you'd not be able to read my typing if it was not corrected) but the last while I've been very irritated with it undoing the fixes it made. Sometimes I will accept the change two or three times and when I check back a little later there it is undone again. Then I have to manually type the correction in. It's not just free users as I see a paid user complaining of the same thing. It could be it is clashing with browser error correcting or undo features? So far while editing this post none of the fixes have been undone!

But I'm giving LanguageTool a try just to see. If it hits the identical issues then it is likely some clash. Language is free for up to 20,000 characters per check (so not for books but fine for blogs) and the paid version is a good ten times cheaper than Grammarly so who knows I may even try their premium version out. It installs into Chrome and Firefox based browsers, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, Desktop Java version, and 3rd party community plug-ins for quite a few other applications. They cover six versions of English including even South African English. For languages 27 different languages are covered. It can also check statistical correctness such as day of a week clashing with a date given.

I nice touch too is that it is open-source on GitHub.

See https://www.languagetool.org

#grammar #spellcheck #technology
#^LanguageTool - Spell and Grammar Checker

Image/photo

LanguageTool is a free proofreading tool for English, German, Spanish, Russian, and more than 20 other languages.



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/switched-open-source-languagetool-grammarly-has-been-undoing-my-grammar-and-spelling-corrections

Comments