At $899, the new MacBook Air isn't just a good deal, it solidifies the laptop's legacy

The $999 – or $899, if you’re lucky – MacBook Air comes with the company’s newest True Tone, Retina 13.3-inch display driven by a fanless, dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (CPU) and 8GB of memory (RAM). The laptop comes with 128GB of flash storage, accessed by two Thunderbolt 3 ports, and offers Touch ID biometric login with a fingerprint sensor in the power button. Naturally, the MacBook Air comes in Apple’s iconic and luxurious, all-aluminum chassis design.

Apple would be wise to keep this pricing scheme up, as it would put the company in a much more favorable position when looking at it against competing flagship laptops. But, more importantly, it’s just right to have the – in many eyes – inimitable Apple experience priced more accessible to more people.

I'm not a fan of all things Apple (I ditched my jailbroken iPhone years ago for Android) but some things make sense like my Macbook Air which I can use at conferences for a full 8-10 hours and pack it in my Scottevest's pocket. It's solid and dependable and comes with all the software I need. For me I needed compact size and really long battery life with no long reboots to run updates and the Air did this for me.

See #^https://www.techradar.com/news/at-dollar899-the-new-macbook-air-isnt-just-a-good-deal-it-achieves-the-laptops-legacy

#macbookair #macos
#^At $899, the new MacBook Air isn't just a good deal, it solidifies the laptop's legacy

Image/photo

Opinion: MacBook Air becomes a true top laptop at this price



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/node/3488

Comments