10 Reasons to Use KDE as Linux Desktop Environment

KDE Plasma is a free, powerfully flexible and open source widget-based Desktop Environment primarily created for Linux systems by the KDE project. Originally, KDE was an acronym for Kool Desktop Environment until it was changed to be the “K Desktop Environment“. That notwithstanding, KDE Plasma hasn’t stopped being kool. In fact, it is among the coolest Linux desktop environments on the planet.

Although I'm now using Manjaro (Arch Linux) and before that used Linux Mint and Ubuntu, I've usually gravitated to using KDE as my desktop environment. Sometimes it was because of desktop widgets and sometimes it was because I was using the KDE connect tool. I've always liked its customisation. There is often a native distro spin based on KDE for most distros but there is always the option of installing it later as your second or optional desktop (because you have choices you can make with Linux). My current install runs KDE natively but I also have GNOME and Cinamon desktops installed which I can switch to.

See 10 reasons why you may want to use KDE at https://www.fossmint.com/reasons-to-use-kde-as-linux-desktop-environment/

#KDE #linux
#^10 Reasons to Use KDE as Linux Desktop Environment

Image/photo

KDE Plasma is a free, powerfully flexible and open source widget-based Desktop Environment primarily created for Linux systems by the KDE project.



source https://gadgeteer.co.za/node/3250

Comments