Steam Hardware & Software Survey for April 2019 shows the most popular CPU's graphics cards, RAM, VR headsets in use by its gamers

Steam conducts a monthly survey to collect data about what kinds of computer hardware and software their customers are using. Participation in the survey is optional, and anonymous.

What its telling me is that my hardware is generally all above par but my graphics card is in the under 1% category and the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 has a clear lead over all other cards. It's a VR read card too. I'm feeling a very strong pull....

You can click below each graph for a detailed breakdown of that category and above the summary chart you can also switch to filtering between Windows, MacOS and Linux hardware stats. Nice to see Manjaro Linux users outnumber Linux Mint users but Ubuntu is still way ahead. Linux machines on average have slightly faster CPU's with double the RAM of Windows users (why when Linux is happy with less). Windows users have more hard drive capacity with more free space than Linux hardware on average. Interesting...

I'd have been very interested to also see keyboard and mouse stats but I think those are not easily obtainable.

See store.steampowered.com/hwsurve…

#gaming #hardware



source https://squeet.me/display/962c3e10-995c-d30e-822a-99c741353755

Comments