Single Blade Razors With A Pivot?

After years of single blade razors with a rigid head, and multi-blade razors with pivots, there is now an upstart group of razors that have a single blade and a pivot. Could it be the best of both worlds?

If there is one thing that transitioning to shaving with a double edge (DE) razor ten years ago did for me, it is to show me that I don’t need a multi-blade cartridge that vibrates like a marital aid to get a great shave. A single blade gives me great results, and a lot more cheaply thankyouverymuch.

But one thing I do think that “modern” razor engineering got right is the concept of using a pivot in the razor head. I think a razor with a pivoted head provides a more consistent shave with less effort compared to a razor with a non-moving head.

And it appears I am not alone with that view. Several razors with a single blade on a pivoted head are now available.

Four existing ones are reviewed and an emerging one is covered at sharpologist.com/2018/07/singl…

#wetshaving #traditionalshaving #shaving



from Beiträge von Danie van der Merwe https://ift.tt/2FFxj6s
via IFTTT

Comments