Launch & Abandon Trap – Why Innovation Fails - “Leadership announced our new innovation initiatives at the company-wide meeting but then I didn’t hear another word about it”

Over the years I've some very public announcements by CEOs (one even on a public platform from a major ISP) and yet when the waters were tested with innovation ideas.... zero. The ironic thing for me was that my suggestion to the ISP became a reality about two or three years later

Personally, I gauge such announcements by whether there is some institutional support mechanism put in place to measure and monitor such activities (and not just a count of what was submitted for KPI measures).

The linked article expands on four steps to avoid launch and abandon innovation: Unlock, Ignite, Access and Sustain.

See www.innovationexcellence.com/b…

#innovation



from Beiträge von Danie van der Merwe https://ift.tt/2XTgZqO
via IFTTT

Comments