This is how many R1.6-million Jaguar I-Pace EVs have been sold so far in SA - It's quite surprising ...

This is how many R1.6-million Jaguar I-Pace EVs have been sold so far in SA - It's quite surprising compared to Nissan Leafs

Jaguar South Africa will launch its all-electric SUV, the I-Pace, at the end of February. However, sales figures show Jaguar has already sold 11 I-Pace units from December to January.

The company's first electric vehicle (EV) uses two electric motors placed at each axle, producing 294kW and 696Nm, and all-wheel-drive. Jag says its rapid too, with a 4.5 second sprint to reach 100km/h from standstill.

The I-Pace has a range of 470km from a single charge, according to the automaker.

The surprising part is that Nissan Leafs cost under half of this and only just over 60 or so were sold in the past two to three years. It's possible Jaguar does a better job of promoting their EV or else the richer buyers want something different and which has good performance. They are certainly NOT buying it to save money on fuel costs.

See https://www.wheels24.co.za/News/Gear_and_Tech/jaguar-sales-this-is-how-many-r16-million-i-pace-evs-have-been-sold-so-far-in-sa-20190211

#jaguar #EV

Jaguar sales: This is how many R1.6-million I-Pace EVs have been sold so far in SA
Sales for the Jaguar's first electric vehicle, the I-Pace, have commenced. We look at the top five selling cars for the brand in in January.


from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts http://bit.ly/2SRFC7I
via IFTTT

Comments