How switching my parents over to Linux saved me a lot of headache and support calls

How switching my parents over to Linux saved me a lot of headache and support calls

Interesting read as I did the same with my Mom. She had some Starter (?) edition of Windows 7 that came with her computer which could not even change the desktop wallpaper. I switched her 6 months back to Manjaro KDE with Chrome browser (gets to her GMail) and LibreOffice. IT just keeps updating itself and all is quiet. She does not replace her computer every few years for a new Windows upgrade so as long as Majaro keeps supporting 64-bit this should just keep going.

See https://blog.simon-frey.eu/how-switching-my-parents-over-to-linux-saved-me-a-lot-of-headache-and-support

How switching my parents over to Linux saved me a lot of headache and support calls
During me being at my parents over the holidays (Christmas 2017) I had the usual IT-support stuff to do, that always happens to tech sa...


from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts http://bit.ly/2RH11AQ
via IFTTT

Comments