With all the excitement of finding alternatives to G+ my Tech & Gadgets Collection just passed 500,000...

With all the excitement of finding alternatives to G+ my Tech & Gadgets Collection just passed 500,000 followers

I thought a month back or so with only 6,000 followers short of 500k I'd now never pass the 500k follower mark but one of my followers was dead right when he said it may well still happen before August 2019. Well, who thought it would happen in only 4 to 6 weeks. I saw the new follows still coming in but surprise surprise I just noticed about 9,000 additional followers since Google+'s announcement to shut down!

So I'm still seeing quite strong growth and just as much engaging debate by many people, especially in this Collection and also the Green Tech and Open Source Software Collections. I'll keep going on G+ whilst also posting to MeWe (over 540 followers in my Tech & Gadgets Group there), Minds, Diaspora (can follow from Pluspora), Friendica, Hubzilla, Mastodon, etc.

I'm still kept busier curating and replying on comments in G+ than all the other social networks together that I post to. So no, Google+ is certainly not dead for me.

#googleplus




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2OLWd6K
via IFTTT

Comments