Bootstrap Darkroom theme for Piwigo - Finally found a great Piwigo theme so that it looks a bit more...

Bootstrap Darkroom theme for Piwigo - Finally found a great Piwigo theme so that it looks a bit more like the Flickr replacement I want it to be

Although I loved all the Piwigo (free open source replacement for Flickr) functionality and plugins it was lacking a good and customisable look. I finally stumbled upon the Bootstrap Darkroom theme by Thomas Kuther. What a pleasure this theme is as it actually has a lot of customisable components built right into it. So I was able to deactivate quite a few other plugins I had added. It even plays video in native HTML5 instead of the Flash plugin I was using previously. I'm certainly going to try to donate to his project for all this excellent work.

So I've made this the default theme on my photo website and everything is the way I want it right now apart from just the video thumbnails that I'm still trying to sort out - with a cPanel hosting I don't have all the low-level access to install FFMPEG. But videos are playing fine so it is not a crisis.

I have all my Flickr photos (just under 11,000) now exported to this site that I self-host and although I'm still putting the final touches on sorting sub-albums out I'm very happy with it.

See https://photos.gadgeteer.co.za/

#flickr #piwigo #photos




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2qYmsxi
via IFTTT

Comments