New Retevis RHD-771 Whip Antenna and Programming Cable arrived today for my Yaesu FT-60R radio

New Retevis RHD-771 Whip Antenna and Programming Cable arrived today for my Yaesu FT-60R radio

The antenna was just a quick screw on and immediately I could hear the difference. Some stations that were just about inaudible now came through fine. One nearby security station that came in on about 1/3 strength now came through clearly on 2/3 strength 3/10. It may not be the best antenna around but it is a pretty good bang for the buck and well worth having obtained.

The programming cable is in use with the CHIRP software. It basically lets me easily edit and update the frequencies in memory, the memory banks, as well as various of the radio's settings all from the desktop computer. One thing that stumped me for a bit was the comms between the computer and the radio as "permission was refused". It was just the old issue I had before on Linux where you must grant user permissions to allow access to the USB port - once done it all worked like a charm and I've updated all my surrounding repeater frequencies, offsets, and required tones.

#hamradio #yaesu #amateurradio




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2NGyX9L
via IFTTT

Comments