MeWe Social Network goes live with Pages for Brands, Companies, Organisations, Artists, etc

MeWe Social Network goes live with Pages for Brands, Companies, Organisations, Artists, etc

This is actually quite big news as one thing lacking in alternatives such as Pluspora, Diaspora, Minds, etc has been no suitable place for pages like this to exist. Corporates and Brands want a place that they can control the message they send.

Two issues I do have though are:
1. For these pages to be home to a brand etc they want viewing and reach to be public so that the post can be reshared elsewhere on Twitter and other networks - I'm seeing this yet. Reshares are only to MeWe internally.
2. The $2.99pm is fine for profit-making brands etc but not fine for non-profits and bloggers like myself who do it for fun. But I also guess that Pages have a different role to play so maybe Groups (which are very customisable) are good enough for others to use. A Page does seem to work much like a G+ Page or Collection (just no categories visible that I see).

Still, its brand new and I'm really happy to already see some tech companies there that I like to follow on G+. Looks like MeWe is delivering on their promise to unveil new features soon. I'm really hoping for public posts and reshares to external networks and RSS feeds.

Wondering if any non-MeWe subscribers see anything at this link - https://mewe.com/pages

#mewe





from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2Oh2Y03
via IFTTT

Comments