Google+ users are different from other social networks - in last 30 days 99.3% of my 13,770 new followers...

Google+ users are different from other social networks - in last 30 days 99.3% of my 13,770 new followers chose to follow my focussed Collections vs just my main Profile

In last 30 days I made 1,055 comments and received 5,609 +1s, 1,076 comments, 479,001 views and 13,677 new Collection followers.

Google+ was (is) what you make of it. I just found these stats now when I went to update my profile with where I'll be in future. It has kept me so busy I could hardly keep up. If I missed one day it was a backlog the following day. The beauty is those are the 1,076 on-topic comments and I'm really glad to see that 99.3% of those new followers had followed my focussed topic Collections and not just my main profile. That shows that 99.3% of followers were choosing focussed topics vs just all posts. It also demonstrated why Google+ users are different from other networks! It demonstrates clearly people want focus vs noise and streams of non-relevant posts.

My challenge is to find a new primary posting network where I can replicate this focussed view for people. I can't choose Twitter otherwise there will just be one long stream of mixed posts... I'd love to find a network where each "Collection" could even have its own RSS feed or replication. Believe it or not with Friends+Me I could do this with Google+ and just replicate my Technology posts out to one Twitter feed or wherever I wanted to send them.

But I love challenges and I love new stuff so I'm going to enjoy the search.

#google+




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2Ocnns9
via IFTTT

Comments