Why I migrated from LastPass to Bitwarden password manager

Why I migrated from LastPass to Bitwarden password manager

A good article by Daniel Aleksandersen on his move from LastPass to open source Bitwarden password manager, as well as his follow up article 3 months later on. He covers the topic quite candidly and also highlights some shortcomings he has found with Bitwarden.

Since LastPass doubled their premium subscription (and I then cancelled my subscription) I've been keeping an eye on Bitwarden and running it in parallel with LastPass. It's true that Bitwarden has been improving noticeably especially since they started supporting multiple fields per page. Both require a subscription to use ( YubiKey, FIDO U2F, & Duo) with LastPass being $24pa and Bitwarden being $10pa. Both services also offer family subscriptions. Being open source Bitwarden can also be privately hosted on Windows, MacOS or Linux.

See https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/migrating-to-bitwarden

#lastpass #bitwarden

Why I migrated from LastPass to Bitwarden - Ctrl blog


from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2N3dYTh
via IFTTT

Comments