Windows 10 still has a Blue Screen of Death! Lucky I have Linux to access that drive and try fix it

Windows 10 still has a Blue Screen of Death! Lucky I have Linux to access that drive and try fix it

Reminds me of the old saying a few years ago: "What is Internet Explorer good for? Downloading Chrome browser".

Well, this bootup screen greeted me three times today when I tried to boot into Windows 10 (I ran an update on it a day or so back which I try to do once a month or so when I remember to boot it up or need to play a Windows only game. No option to fallback or drop to a terminal. It just keeps rebooting. And no my original disc is a Vista disc which was upgraded so I don't have a Windows 10 boot DVD.

Basically, if I did not have Linux I'd be in a mess now... Luckily Windows is not my main OS and my life continues normally. I'll use my working Linux to try troubleshoot the partition as Linux at least also has utilities to repair Windows drives and files (unlike the other way around). And Linux can still open both NTFS drives and read the data fine so nothing lost.

What an incredibly unhelpful error screen with zero option to repair drives or any option to repair anything...




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2BEKGoE
via IFTTT

Comments