Many Windows-only games are launching seamlessly now in Steam on Linux

Many Windows-only games are launching seamlessly now in Steam on Linux

I have a Windows VM setup to play certain games that are (were) Windows-only such as Train Simulator. I have a common Steam games folder on an NTFS drive where I save my games files.

So after starting up the new Steam beta client on Linux it now recognised those Windows games as already installed, and only on starting the game the first time did it do a brief install of Wine with DirectX, and then the game just started up fine. I noted on subsequent starts the game starts up in seconds.

It's not to say everything is going to work as World of Subways 3 is crashing after the splash screens but Steam has certainly done something really interesting here. Train Simulator is working just fine with sound and all (and a bit faster than it did under Windows).

I guess Linux users are going to have to start listing which games are working fine and which not.

#steamgames

24/08/2018




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2o6OqWj
via IFTTT

Comments