Shave of the Day: Parker Variant Adjustable Razor with Kent shaving soap and Derby Super Stainless blades...

Shave of the Day: Parker Variant Adjustable Razor with Kent shaving soap and Derby Super Stainless blades

I usually don't do any shave of the day posts unless it is something exceptional. Today was one of those days where I really hit the sweet spot with this combination. Since I got this Parker Variant razor about two or three months back I've been testing out different blades but it was only after I moved off the Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream to the Kent soap that this happened.

The final difference was probably, for me anyway, that I much prefer the super glide effect of a good shaving soap over a shaving cream. Today was the second day of using this soap so it likely broke in nicely by being used once already. Dialling the Parker Variant razor up to its number 2 setting just gave such a smooth close shave (a Feather blade would have been too sharp) for the second pass. I could have kept shaving the whole day!

The items pictured below are:
* Parker Variant adjustable safety razor
* Derby Extra Super Stainless Double Edge razor blades (the Astra SP are also just as good)
* Kent shaving soap in a classic a dark oak shaving bowl - https://kentbrushes.com/mens/soap-cream/sb3
* Bluebeards Revenge Doubloon bristle shaving brush - ideal for harder soaps

A funny thing about this soap is I bought it about three years back at Harrods in London because I was looking for this size container for my Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap. I never used this soap and just decided to use it now that I needed to start a new one - still works perfectly.

#SOTD #kentsoap #parkervariant #wetshaving




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2zUiZXY
via IFTTT

Comments