@Voice Aloud Reader - Try higher speed audio reading for quicker reading and better comprehension

@Voice Aloud Reader - Try higher speed audio reading for quicker reading and better comprehension

Thanks to +Stefan Svartling for posting about this. Although I listen to audio podcasts at 1.5x speed for quickly getting through tech news while I'm doing things that don't let me read a screen, I can see a similar use case scenario for books themselves. I'm probably a bit old fashioned being stuck on reading ebooks from an ebook reader. All my hundreds of books are eBooks and I tend to read for an hour before I go to sleep every night but it is true I probably can't read quite as fast as I can listen to (although I read in zigzags so I need to test this out).

But also true that if you don't have a backlit ebook reader, or if you ADHD, or your eyes are tired, or you're blind or just forgot your glasses at home, a fast versatile audio reader could be the way to go.

So what I like about @Voice Aloud Reader is that you can mail test to it much like you mail an eBook from Caliber to say your Kindle. Calber also sends a book via e-mail so I imagine I could use it to just send a book to this reader instead of my Kindle.

There are likely some downsides like I can't highlight text or look up words quickly, but this is still great for fiction reading I think.

See his post at https://www.svartling.net/2018/03/i-read-19-books-in-11-weeks-so-far-here.html

I've read 19 books in 11 weeks so far - here is how
Ok, so I have read 19 books so far this year. And it's only Week 11, so my goal of 40 books this year is looking good :) I could never have read so many if it wasn't for my own reading technology where I use text-to-speech wh...


from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts http://ift.tt/2ImqAPk
via IFTTT

Comments