All non-citizens will have to disclose social media accounts at the US border

All non-citizens will have to disclose social media accounts at the US border

Luckily I'll never visit the USA so I probably won't have to scratch my head to try figure out what my 20+ social media handles are across I don't know how many social networks. Imagine if I forgot that secondary Mastodon account that I'm not actively using, or the Sqeet.me account that replicates my feed from Diaspora.org. And I already just remembered about my Zulip, Rocket.chat, Riot.im (2 accounts), Slack (2 accounts).... on instant chat I must have Wire, Telegram, WhatsApp, Zello, Allo, Vero, Theema, and so many more.

I'm estimating now at least 30 to 40. I'd be worrying that I forgot one and that could probably get me shot. I wonder why they don't want our Amazon account to see what we've been reading?

No, all this border stuff for the USA is really not for me as I will probably lose my cool at the border (and that is not the way I'm inclined at all). I've visited the UK and Europe a good 5 or 7 times and I'll continue to do so. In fact my next visit will be to Itreland which is visa free for me.

See https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/29/17177434/state-dept-social-media-scanning-border-immigration

All non-citizens will have to disclose social media accounts at the US border
New visa forms require all applicants to list social media handles


from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts https://ift.tt/2GX3fDA
via IFTTT

Comments