OrderIn - Flat delivery fee of R10 in SA for delivery from many restaurants

OrderIn - Flat delivery fee of R10 in SA for delivery from many restaurants

I'm not sure how this business model works at a flat R10 (less than US$1) per delivery. To double check, I went to look at the menu prices and they seem the same as the prices from the restaurants (see an example from the Spur attached). The Spur option, for example, then prompts your for extra portions, different side dishes, etc as if the waitron was was asking you.

I see they do have an option for a gratuity which is a great idea as often people will give more when paying via credit card online. I suppose this will help cover costs of the driver. But considering there the online business as well as physical driving involved, where are the margins? If it was some monthly subscription service that could be increased I'd understand it better maybe.

Well, all I can say is that is a no-brainer for South Africans as the R10 is cheaper than the petrol to drive to the restaurant, pay for parking (or a parking tip, and then also the waitron tip anyway (for sit down meals).

It is great to see more useful online deals like this as these go a long way to being useful for the elderly or physically disabled.

See https://orderin.co.za

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with OrderIn and not have not even ordered from them. I just noticed a promotion via e-mail.




from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts http://ift.tt/2n2Dd94
via IFTTT

Comments