When You Talk About Banning Laptops, You Throw Disabled Students Under the Bus

When You Talk About Banning Laptops, You Throw Disabled Students Under the Bus

I suffer from such bad handwriting that I often have to gaze at a sentence trying to figure out what I wrote. Even my typing is usually dyslexic but at least the spell checker fixes it. Which is why I carry my laptop to every meeting I go to and I type notes for every meeting. I can search back through hundreds of notes to find a topic discussed or who sat in on the meeting. I share these notes with colleagues as well.

Now try doing that with everyone's handwritten notes.... I still have to follow the discussion carefully to type my notes and I really don't have time at the end of each day to decipher handwriting and type everything out in summary.

I get it that some people are actually playing a game or updating Facebook in a meeting, but don't penalise those who actually use their laptops. I've just seen a similar trend in some work environments thinking that everyone listens better when they take handwritten notes - you just cannot generalise.

See http://ift.tt/2Ad1xwT

When You Talk About Banning Laptops, You Throw Disabled Students Under the Bus | HuffPost
Co-Authored with Jordynn Jack, Ph.D. The argument to ban laptops in classrooms has risen from the dead (again). Those who argue for laptop b...


from Danie van der Merwe - Google+ Posts http://ift.tt/2Ad1y3V
via IFTTT

Comments