VicTsing OTG MHL to HDMI Multi-function Cradle Rev


Use your phone as a full desktop computer I was looking at Stefan Svartling's video of his experiment to only use his Nexus 6P as his main desktop device, and this desire is also resurfacing on my side. The hardware is certainly ready (the average smartphone can, in fact, run a desktop OS already as Ubuntu has shown). Assuming that many people have Samsung Galaxy S3's or S4's there are already devices that allow you to dock your phone and quickly view the screen on a large HDMI TV or monitor, with USB mouse, storage and keyboard functionality. One such example is seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWU3S0RUtjc. But you will note it did not work with the Galaxy S3. This can often also be USB Developer settings or other reasons so you do need to do some homework on compatibility. It is something I would expect to increase in use as more and more people use mobile devices as their primary device, and the apps get better and better to use. Often you just need a bigger screen and a mouse to be functional. Why can't I use my phone on the move, and then just plug it in at home and work to do desktop work? Why should I have one phone, one desktop at home, a private laptop, and a work laptop - they could just be one device! So where do I find a nice smart-dock for my Nexus 6P? http://bit.ly/2nvWfWB

Comments