Moneydance Review 2017 | Best Personal Finance Software


Moneydance - a good cross-platform money manager When I migrated from Windows to Linux a good many years back, I needed to move all my years of financial history from Microsoft Money to something on Linux. One obvious choice was free and open source GnuCash but at the time I did not opt for it in the end (may have been the import or the double entry system) and I settled on the proprietary paid version of Moneydance which runs on Windows, Mac and Linux. Moneydance did an effortless import including categories, and I was able to setup all my monthly and annual reminders for bill payments, and with an extension I could also see my projected cash flow on my current account for the next few months. I have been using it for many years now and am still very happy with it. The purchase allows you to run it on Windows and Mac too (in case I ever go back to Windows) and I did for a while run it on both my Mac and Linux machines, using Dropbox to sync it. It does have a mobile app called Handybank (3rd party), that will sync via WiFi or Dropbox. But right now the developer said he needs to update the app to allow for proper syncing on the latest version of Moneydance. You can see a relatively recent review on it at http://ift.tt/2lexlJl

Comments