Some thoughts on switching from Ubuntu to Antergos for Linux gaming


Some thoughts on switching from Ubuntu to Antergos for Linux gaming Interesting perspective in this article. I've not had the problems mentioned with Ubuntu (on my Linux Mint distro) but what is interesting is the claim that Antergos is a "tamer version of Arch since it has a live-media option and you can pick what desktop you want from the installer". So it has all the rolling release stuff and the same package manager. From Antergos' website it says regarding the installation: "1 Easy to Use GUI Installer, 6 Desktops To Choose From". Now this does look interesting because, sorry to say, the normal Arch installation is just not newbie friendly. I'm going to try this out in a VM (because it is easy to do so) and I see there is also a live ISO you can run to test it out. Maybe it makes me fall in love with Arch too. See http://ift.tt/2iVgvxZ

Comments