Solar Devices


My solar usage stats for last 24 hours This is the typical pattern I'm getting right now where you can see the grid powering the load at night and as the sun rises the solar starts to provide the power (to the load as well as charge the batteries). This evening I let the batteries run to about 21:30 powering the load, and then I switched back to grid. The following day the solar with have enough surplus to charge the batteries as well as power the load. This use of the battery "extends" the use of the stored solar power from the batteries. Normally I keep the batteries above 95% state of charge so that if there are any grid outages I will have sufficient battery to keep everything running. The solar usage screenshot shows more clearly how as the solar power kicks in it provides a lot of power to charge the batteries until the batteries become full and that charge tapers off. Until I do any further upgrades the current system is only powering LED lights throughout the house, external lights, TV, Internet and my computer, so you'll see no heavy load items like kettles or fridges. If you want to drill into the detail more you can visit my site's realtime stats at http://ift.tt/2imba4d.

Comments