Apple unveils its own way to find lost AirPods


Now you can find AirPods, the Apple way From the article: Just two weeks after not-so-quietly removing the Finder for AirPods app, which helped nervous AirPod owners locate their misplaced Bluetooth audio devices, Apple announced its own official Find My AirPods utility inside the already familiar Find My iPhone app. Find My AirPods, works similarly to the dearly departed third-party app. It relies on Bluetooth signals to help find your AirPods. However, since Apple can access the custom W11 Bluetooth chip it built, its solution goes further. Which is good but its a pity that firstly Apple denies other innovative companies in marketing their product, and also that access to this W11 chip is also denied to others. The device is already sold to consumers - why can't they have choice and alternative innovation? It's this type of lock-down that drove me from iOS to Android for my phone. At least this was not an issue with my Macbook (already bought from Apple) where I can boot into Linux if I want to. I like options! See http://ift.tt/2jtIlzf

Comments