A119 1440p Car Dash Camera with GPS Logger


Viofo A119 - Busy choosing a new dashcam to replace my older one The older dashcam is now two years old but it's battery has died so it does not shutdown properly anymore, and although it has a GPS, it's time drifts off my minutes. So looking around the important criteria for me was: * Capacitor powered instead of battery powered. Yes it does not power for 30 mins after switch off but I don't need that and I prefer longevity of the power and the ability to withstand extreme temperatures * GPS is a must for speed and location, but also I wanted it to imprint the GPS co-ordinates on the image itself so that I could use any video editor. * 120 - 140 degree field of view - too wide makes the forward image too small. * 1080p HD camera (always nice if you can get Sony glass on it too). * G-Sensor for accidents. * Lock file loop record - this is quite crucial for me as I report driving offences, but what I need is to lock the current file loop, NOT to start recording after I press the button (and this eliminated some of the best dashcams from my list). * GPS time set - some sync time from the smartphone app, but I want live sync in the device. * I would have liked a polarizing lens or a UV lens but that was a plus and not an essential. So what was I not hooked up on having? * Wifi - this was REALLY difficult for me to give up on as I just love app based stuff. But in reality it does not connect to your home hotspot and automatically transfer the video. You have to sit in the car finding the right video to save to your phone. * Dual cams - I'm really not needing a rear facing cam for what I use the dashcam for. * OBD II - nice to have the car stats include but not essential for me. * Lane Guidance, Forward Collision Alerting - they are actually a bit gimmicky. If they seriously worked well it may have been a consideration. * GLOSNASS - some devices have GPS as well as GLOSNASS, but one system was enough… http://bit.ly/2dyBwxw

Comments