Funzionamento full mirrorlink Toyota Auris Touch 2


Toyota Touch 2 Mirrorlink not working in South Africa Mirrorlink (http://ift.tt/XVinlt) functionality is an auto industry standard for connecting mobile phones to a car dashboard display, where you not only see what is on the phone but you can also control the phone from the dashboard. So instead of buying an expensive after market navigation system for the car, you could connect your phone using Mirrorlink and use navigation on the dashboard (and other apps) as if they were built into the car's system at zero extra cost except a normal USB cable. Well I have two major gripes in South Africa about this: 1. With Toyota South Africa themselves as Mirrorlink is just not activated in South Africa despite many owners asking about it, and my call to Toyota SA today, yielded no clear answers why. My Yaris HSD has just been manufactured in 2016 and the Touch 2 car system is definitely capable of it. 2. Second gripe is with Google themselves as my Nexus 6P phone (yes Google's latest and top of the range phone) just does not support Mirrorlink either. So I'm really stymied on both counts. So much for this being 2016.... Well I have learnt other interesting things about after market accessories for these Touch 2 systems like cables that allow you to connect full video, with a switch to allow it to play whilst driving (not that I would want to do that). Without my phone supporting Mirrorlink itself I'm not sure whether finding a firmware hack for the car's system is going to help much. I'm beginning to think I should explore a replacement car display system.... See a video of Mirrrorlink in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPJvunkukig http://bit.ly/2cuhC34

Comments