56,000 Miles In A BMW i3 Rex, Using Just 50 Gallons Of Gas


56,000 Miles In A BMW i3 Rex, Using Just 50 Gallons Of Gas My 2014 BMW i3 REx is now 27 months old, and the mileage on the odometer just recently surpassed 56,000 miles. I’ve needed a little over 15,000 kWh of electricity, and exactly 50 gallons of gas to power the vehicle thus far. That means I’ve driven on pure battery about 96% of the time, and managed an impressive overall gasoline consumption of 1,120 mpg. Normally I wouldn’t highlight the gasoline use in my electric car; it’s really not something most electric vehicle owners like to do. However, as many Chevrolet Volt owners can attest to, adding a range extender to a short range (under 100 mile AER) electric vehicle can expand its versatility immensely. While I haven’t needed to use the REx often, there were plenty of times, especially in the winter, that I was very happy it was there. Note this is a short range EV with a Range extender (REx version) so the initial purchase price is a lot less. See http://ift.tt/2c5oQfx

Comments